Tuesday 14 July 2015

Mmm Mmm Mmm: Tortilla Soup Recipe

So I am back in Canada and brought a great recipe back! In Texas there is a soup that is very popular, Tortilla Soup! This is extremely delicious! My cousin gave me a recipe she had, this is super easy with almost all ingredients coming from cans. Super simple soup. I will give you the US recipe and my Canadian recipe.

You will need: 

United States Version

1 can cream of potato
1 can cream of chicken
1 can chicken broth
1 can rotel
1 can ranch style beans 
1 can corn (drained, if you want it less soupy)
Shredded chicken
Stredded cheese (optional) 


My Canadian Version

1 can cream of potato
1 can cream of chicken
1 can chicken broth
1 can rotel *****
1 can Heinz chili style beans
1 can corn (drained, if you want it less soupy)
Shredded chicken
Old El Paso Taco seasoning hot and spicy
Stredded cheese (optional)

*****Rotel is not available in Canada. I brought some with me but I found some substitutes that may be close. I cannot say forsure as I have never tried them. Look at the bottom for the found substitutes. 


Directions:

This soup is super easy to make. 

1. First thing you need to do is cook your chicken breast. I cooked 2 large chicken breasts at 350 degrees celcius for 20 minutes with 2 tbsp of oil and salt and pepper. You could also buy a rotisserie chicken from the store.  

2. Shred the chicken with 2 large forks until shredded into small pieces.

3. Open all the cans and add to a large pot on medium. Add the chicken snd taco seasoning to taste.

4. Heat until soup is hot. 

To Assemble:

1. Place tortilla chips in the bowl



2. Pour soup on top.



3. Add some cheese(optional) and VOILA! 



BON APPETIT!! 




*****Rotel option: please remember as of now i have not tried these. If they work out please comment below. 




 












No comments:

Post a Comment