Sunday 6 September 2015

Classroom Curtain

At our school, we have big windows on our doors. Last year, we decided we should have black paper ready in case of a lock down. These papers were hidious and I disliked them. So with my new classroom I decided to find a solution.. My solution... A curtain!! I went to my local fabic store and bought 50% off Linen that looked similar to the colour of burlap and some chevron ribbon (I used my coupon from michaels to purchase my ribbon) 

Do not get me wrong I do not sew. I learnt how to thread a bobbin in 6th grade sewing and haven't sewn since my interior design class in highschool. 

This is what I did:

1. Bought my material and ribbon.


2. Measured and cut my material to size and pinned. I needed to double layer mine as my material was too thin and for lock downs I needed something thicker.


3. I sewed around the edge. Left a small opening so I could turn back to the proper side and hand sewed the hole up. I then laid the ribbon down so I could prep the ties. 


4. Did the second ribbon.


5. I have no picture but next I cut my dowel, painted it black and put it through my curtain. You could use a curtain rod but because I was paid over 10 months i hd no income this summer and was trying tonhse things I already had!

6. TaDaaa!! I am very happy with the end result (it really needs to be ironed). Also i hung up my rod eith command hooks!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment