Saturday 2 May 2015

Don't be an Angry Bird

For our Saskatchewan Grade one curriculum we need to teach feelings and healthy behaviors. I struggled when planning this unit as I could not think of an exciting thing to motivate my students and allow them to be interested in a topic that can be rather 'dull'. Many students I have taught in the past struggle with healthy ways to deal with emotions. So I decided to focus on some strategies my students could use when their emotions became too much. Hmm.. something that would interest my students and something that would interest them... ANGRY BIRDS!! My students are slightly obsessed with Angry Birds. I found a booklet online that is a very good resource to use for a lesson. It is available at http://www.elementaryschoolcounseling.org/sg-anger-management.html . This website has many great ideas using characters students will recognize. Along with our booklet, we made our angry bird crafts. I chose to create the Angry Bird, Red. I made these templates myself as I struggled to find any Angry Bird templates online that I liked! Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment