Sunday 17 May 2015

Mini-Greenhouse Prep

In June I am wanting to make mini greenhouses and watch the lifecycle of a plant with my firsties! I have grown beans in soil but never in a ziploc on the window. I thought I would give it a shot this year. I decided to prep a sample before starting this journey with my students. I will show you what I used and Daily changes of my bean plant! Hope you enjoy the progress! 

Step 1:

Materials needed:

Ziploc bag
Piece of paper towel
Bean 
Some good ol' H2O
Tape



Step 2: 

Wet the paper towel and wrapped the bean inside.



Step 3:

I taped the bag onto my office window. It faces south and gets the most sunlight during the daytime. 


Step 4: 

Wait and see what happens!!

UPDATE:

Day 4:

IT WORKED!! 



Day 6: May 22nd

It continues to grow and I havent needed to do anything to it! No new water as the paper towel is still wet since its in a ziploc bag!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment